We’re looking to add an Associate Creative Director to our creative department. You’ll be joining a dynamic, growing team, working alongside client services and production departments to produce outstanding work for our clients. We’re looking for someone with experience working at an agency, an understanding of the planning, strategy and production process, and an all-round fun personality to join us.
Who you are:
- Experienced as a creative copywriter with a portfolio to show
- Worked across a variety of platforms, formats & content types
- Digital content focused
- Agency background
- Capable of working both independently, as well as leading a team
- Ambitious and hungry work ethic
- Personable and collaborative manner
- Ambitious, versatile and proactive
- Fun, driven and eager to learn!
- Bags of enthusiasm, initiative, reactivity & enterprise
- Excellent self-management and mentoring skills
- Hands-on, autonomous with a sharp eye for detail
- Experience working directly with clients and deep understanding of the BtoB space would be a plus
What you’ll do:
As an Associate Creative Director, you will be working autonomously & managing project teams on all kinds of projects, in close partnership with our Account Management team.
- Creating and driving campaigns and assets for stunning content
- Communicating, inspiring and maintaining compelling storytelling
- Overseeing creative pitches and creation of treatments for content, short form or episodic on all platforms
- Monitoring trends in the digital and advertising industries
- Managing and inspiring a Junior creative team
- Developing concepts for campaigns and live pitches, both as a Senior Creative and as a Creative Lead (alongside a creative team)
- Pitching ideas to clients if working for an agency or present to directors if working in-house
- Keeping the ECD abreast of progress and have the ability to answer their questions regarding progress on projects or anything related to the agency
- Briefing and translating ideas to the creative team(s)
- Leading multiple projects from conception to completion in accordance with deadlines
- Evaluating and, if necessary altering, the content of projects before completion
- Hiring, developing and managing the creative team
- Steering or writing scripts and copy. Keep in line with the ECD’s vision
- Overseeing / Directing shoots where the agency sees fit
- Select external suppliers when necessary (freelancers)
- Sign off projects before they are presented to the ECD or client
- Salary: £60k
- Individual and team training budget
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Mental health Employee Assistance Program
Working at HoG
- We’re a lot like Bonaparte, our Penguin mascot: majestic, cuddly and a bit awkward too. We are all passionate about the work, supportive with each other, and self-deprecating rather than judgemental.
- You’ll need a high tolerance to strong French accents
- Bad pool players are preferred to preserve employee morale
- Friday drinks (via Zoom or in-person; pending the current state of well... the world), and a yearly weekend away help with it too! Plus other things too small to be called out in a job offer, but still nice.
- We have a life! We believe reasonable hours of intense work trump long hours of exhausted one - and that adapting hours to family or personal circumstances, or getting back the hours spent on longer shoot days should be a given.
- We believe in paying every employee a living wage and were among the very first agencies to sign the Placement Poverty Pledge
- We do strive for an inclusive and diverse culture, and need every staff member to bring their contribution and support the agency on this journey.