We’re looking to add a Designer to our creative department. You’ll be joining a dynamic, growing team, working alongside client services and production departments to produce outstanding work for our clients. We’re looking for someone with experience working at an agency, an understanding of the planning, strategy and production process, and an all-round fun personality to join us.
Who you are:
- Experience as a graphic designer: 3+ years (preferably with a background in agency/new business/advertising)r with a portfolio showing your high quality, thoughtful design work
- Branding, design for web experience
- Skills in Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, Gsuite
- Worked across a variety of platforms
- Digital content focused
- Capable of working both independently, as well as within a team
- Ambitious and hungry work ethic
- Personable and collaborative manner
- Ambitious, versatile and proactive
- Fun, driven and eager to learn!
- Bags of enthusiasm, initiative, reactivity & enterprise.
- Excellent self-management.
- Hands-on, autonomous with a sharp eye for detail.
- Experience working directly with clients.
- Ability to articulate and present thoughts and creative ideas in a concise manner
What you’ll do:
As a Designer, you will be working autonomously & managing project teams on all kinds of projects, in close partnership with our Account Management team.
- Make us cool
- Own graphic design on projects, end to end, from concepts to distribution
- Obsess over the details of visual design
- Work with various teams to define requirements, not just translate them to design
- Brainstorm and iterate with your colleagues to help us raise the bar
- Creating assets for stunning content
- Monitoring trends in the digital and advertising industries
- Keeping your line manager abreast of progress and have the ability to answer their questions regarding progress on projects or anything related to the agency
- Evaluating and, if necessary altering, the content of projects before completion
- Salary: £30-35k
- Individual and team training budget
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Flexible working
- Mental health Employee Assistance Program
Working at HoG
- We’re a lot like Bonaparte, our Penguin mascot: majestic, cuddly and a bit awkward too. We are all passionate about the work, supportive with each other, and self-deprecating rather than judgemental.
- You’ll need a high tolerance to strong French accents
- Bad pool players are preferred to preserve employee morale
- Friday drinks (via Zoom or in-person; pending the current state of well... the world), and a yearly weekend away help with it too! Plus other things too small to be called out in a job offer, but still nice.
- We have a life! We believe reasonable hours of intense work trump long hours of exhausted one - and that adapting hours to family or personal circumstances, or getting back the hours spent on longer shoot days should be a given.
- We believe in paying every employee a living wage and were among the very first agencies to sign the Placement Poverty Pledge
- We do strive for an inclusive and diverse culture, and need every staff member to bring their contribution and support the agency on this journey.