We’re looking to add a Junior Account Manager to our client service department. You’ll be joining a dynamic, growing team, working alongside production and creative departments to produce outstanding work for our clients. We’re looking for someone with experience working at an agency, an understanding of the planning, strategy and creative process, and an all-round fun personality to join us.
Who you are:
- Account Executive or similar with around 1-2 years experience from a creative/digital/marketing agency
- Integrated background, with digital and content creation experience and ideally some experience with video production.
- Creatively minded and keen to develop concepts/creative outside of their role
- Understanding of the advertising landscape; from the latest creative best-practises, marketing trends, and the roles of different media channels
- Understanding that a client isn’t always right and that we are advisories to help shape an effective and impactful campaign
- Strong levels of communication, both written and oral, especially in a client setting. Must be comfortable speaking in front of senior stakeholders.
- Ambitious, versatile and proactive
- Fun, and eager to learn!
What you’ll do:
As the Junior Account Manager, your role will be varied and multifaceted as we work with clients across all stages of a campaign.
We work collaboratively with our clients, so we are looking for someone to assist with the client service team across the full project lifecycle: from initial structuring and planning, advising on content, creative and media choice, through to project management and delivery of the campaign working with our team of creatives & producers.
- Client and account management – maintaining direct, day-to-day contact with clients, internal teams and external partners to develop, direct, and support the Account Director with project planning and day-to-day execution; delivering on time, within budget, and compliant with brand standards
- Assisting with project brief development, and assist in the creative brief development processes
- Scheduling and attend meetings, generating meeting recaps with key notes on considerations, deliverables, and responsibilities / action items
- Supporting with developing and updating project documents and presentations, such as Keynotes, Google Slides presentations, budget estimates, briefings, workback schedules / project timelines, and scope of work agreements, etc
- Assist in managing a portfolio of accounts and client relationships, taking ownership of some workstreams with the support of the Account Director
- Helping to track budgets regularly and work with the finance team for billing and project finances
- Represent the ethos of our agency when dealing with clients and prospects
- Present a good level of marketing knowledge and strategic insight to clients
- Participate in both internal team and client brainstorms
- Identify and develop client cross over and up-sell opportunities. Focusing on client growth and retention at the core of what you do
- Work with the senior management team to develop new business
- Use contacts to generate new leads
- Work with the design team to prepare client pitches and proposals
- May be required to travel internationally for projects or seasonal budget planning with clients (as permitted by country law / guidelines).
- Salary: £24-26k
- Individual and team training budget
- Phone bill contribution up to £30 a month
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays)
- Mental health Employee Assistance Program
Working at HoG
- We’re a lot like Bonaparte, our Penguin mascot: majestic, cuddly and a bit awkward too. We are all passionate about the work, supportive with each other, and self-deprecating rather than judgemental.
- You’ll need a high tolerance to strong French accents
- Bad pool players are preferred to preserve employee morale
- Friday drinks (via Zoom or in-person; pending the current state of well... the world), and a yearly weekend away help with it too! Plus other things too small to be called out in a job offer, but still nice.
- We have a life! We believe reasonable hours of intense work trump long hours of exhausted one - and that adapting hours to family or personal circumstances, or getting back the hours spent on longer shoot days should be a given.
- We believe in paying every employee a living wage and were among the very first agencies to sign the Placement Poverty Pledge
- We do strive for an inclusive and diverse culture, and need every staff member to bring their contribution and support the agency on this journey.