What you’ll do:
House of Greenland is searching for a Production Lead to manage our growing production department, under the supervision of the Head of Production. We’re looking for an energetic individual with deep knowledge and passion for content production and post-production.
You will be the main production advisor and coordinator across all projects, working closely with the account management team who will rely on your expertise and abilities to manage producers. You will be the first point of contact for anything production related including schedule, budget, vision, alignment, client management and team morale.
You’ll be leading a dynamic, fast-paced department, and inspiring a team of producers who pride themselves on producing outstanding work. You should have a strong track record of operating at an agency, understanding the planning, strategy and creative process, as well as the needs and constraints of clients. The ideal candidate will have worked across animation and live-action post-production.
- Project scoping
- Overseeing the production team work to scope and budget projects – leading and supporting the team where needed from brief to delivery with particularly high quality standards.
- Project planning & management: resource allocation between teams and projects
- Along with the head of production and studio manager’s support, review and have a general understanding of all-project budgets & timelines
- Tracking producers and freelancer's time spent on projects
- Update and/or creation of all documents allowing tracking
- Quality control
- Master all HoG production tools, ensure that our projects are handled according to UK safety standards
- Team management
- Provide senior management team with updates and the most current financial information and team resource / capacity on projects
- Work closely with planners, creative and account managers and to develop presentations, proposals and ideas
- Motivate in-house and freelance staff
- Oversee the production team (both in-house producers and freelancers)
- Manage in-house producers – foster an environment of mutual respect and partnership, openness of communication, and professional development
- Maintain our freelancers database
- Suggest improvements on HoG production, legal & other processes
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in content production; agency experience preferred
- Strong post-production experience
- Documented experience in leading and managing teams’ in post-production / animation
- Hands-on and autonomous with a sharp eye for detail
- Excellent internal and external communication ability (both verbal and written)
- Experience in managing and leading multi-faceted teams
- Passionate about producing great work
- Personable and collaborative manner
- Proactive problem-solving skills with ability to step-in and lead / support
- Fast and accurate with computers (Google Suite advanced knowledge)
- Proficient experience with Excel or Google Sheets is mandatory
Working at HoG
- We’re a lot like Bonaparte, our Penguin mascot: majestic, cuddly and a bit awkward too. We are all passionate about the work, supportive with each other, and self-deprecating rather than judgemental.
- You’ll need a high tolerance to strong French accents
- Bad pool players are preferred to preserve employee morale
- Friday drinks (via Zoom or in-person; pending the current state of well... the world), and a yearly weekend away help with it too! Plus other things too small to be called out in a job offer, but still nice.
- We have a life! We believe reasonable hours of intense work trump long hours of exhausted one - and that adapting hours to family or personal circumstances, or getting back the hours spent on longer shoot days should be a given.
- We believe in paying every employee a living wage and were among the very first agencies to sign the Placement Poverty Pledge
- We do strive for an inclusive and diverse culture, and need every staff member to bring their contribution and support the agency on this journey.